Search & Win

Thursday, January 14, 2010

MAG



I am not big into online multiplayer especially with shooters because I get tired of fourteen year old swearing at me when I kill them or worse when I compliment them on a good kill against me.

So if someone would have told me a few weeks ago that I would not only play the MAG beta (an FPS that is online play only) but love it I probably would have slapped them.

MAG seems like standard FPS online with various weapons and perks, the ability to gain levels and increase your characters skills and weapons. And when I started playing the smaller maps with up to sixty-four players at a time: thirty-two on each team further broken down into four eight man squads it seemed like a solid shooter.

However after I hit level ten and could play the large maps with up to 256 players at one time I was hooked. The game plays on actual squad tactics like protecting a bunker or capturing a checkpoint under the direction of your squad leaders and then receiving further orders.

I was afraid of the possible insanity of that many people playing at one time but it really is organized chaos, and this game can not be played like all the other FPS games out there, if you try to be a lone gunman and run in there you will get mowed down fast. I noticed this because I was a sniper and I continued to drop those players on the other team that would try and do just that.

The only way to finish objectives and win is to play as a team and follow the necessary orders. I am not only excited but dead set on buying this game in the near future it releases on the 26Th of Jan (same day as Mass Effect 2) which is why I won't be getting it right away, but rest assured this game will be mine with in the next few weeks and I have never looked forward to an FPS before in my life much less one that is online only.

No comments:

Post a Comment