Search & Win

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Review



Castlevania Lords of Shadow, okay I have to say when I heard they were making yet another 3D Castlevania I was worried. The game only ever succeeded as a 2D, but when I head Kojima productions was overseeing the project I became intrigued. After finishing the game (in about 15 hours) I am very impressed.

First off the graphics are very impressive, the creature and character models are impressive and creative. The landscapes are awesome and the ambiance feels great (especially for a dark game released in October).

The sound is great the weapons, creatures, and atmosphere really set the tone. The voice work is amazing with high level actors like Patrick Stewart make this game a full fledged movie value story.

The gameplay is amazing, it has been compared a lot to God of War and it really is a lot like it. However I enjoyed the gameplay much more than GoW it felt smoother and I used all the combos and abilities that I had because the enemies required it. I was always able to just swing away in GoW.

This game is amazing, it achieved a dead tie with Castlevania Symphony of the Night as my favorite Castlevania game. There is also some interesting revelations in the end of the game. I predicted tow of the big twists but one of them very much surprised me. You will understand what I mean when you see the location we find our characters in during the Epilogue. I can not recommend this game enough, if you like action adventure games get it. If you like games about the supernatural get it. If you want a game with a great story get it. In short buy this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment