Search & Win

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review



I believe this game will be a changing force in gaming. It is also one of my top five games of all time.

Let's start with the graphics. This game is going to be known for it's facial animations; everything else in the game is standard for this generation, but the facial animations are unlike anything we've seen before in gaming. With the tech that Team Bondi used, you can actually see emotion in people! There were enough actors in the game whom I recognized, that I kept saying things like, "He is in Fringe" or "Hey, he was in Heroes". When my character would accuse someone of lying, and I'd see them freak out in front of me and display real emotion was a pure treasure for me. It shows not only how far gaming has come but the direction we could take adventure and RPG games in the future. To top it off the re-creation of 1940's L.A. was surreal.There are not enough good things I can say about this game!

When it comes to sound this game is on the level with great movies. The voice acting and delivery of the dialog is superb. I was also impressed by the 1940's music throughout the game as well.

This game played unlike anything before it. With the questioning of suspects and witnesses, and investigating crime scenes for clues, it gives a real freedom to how you approach things. It was also great to know you could mess up....miss clues.....lose suspects and arrest the wrong people. I think this game will play different for everyone depending on how they see the cases. There were several times that I felt I was arresting the wrong person even though the evidence said they were guilty.

The story is unbelievable, all I can really say is that if you complain about games being shallow and empty then you owe it to yourself to play this game. The story will sometimes play out in ways you won't believe.

In closing I love this game, as I said before it is now in my top five games of all time. I can't wait for the DLC to start to drop or for the PSN store to be back up so I can download the traffic case that I got for my pre-order.

Top 5 List if anyone cares (no real order to it)

Act Raiser (SNES)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3 & 360)
L.A. Noire (PS3 & 360)

*this post was lovingly edited and made easier to read by my super awesome wife*

No comments:

Post a Comment