Search & Win

Monday, July 9, 2012

Review



Two very Different Sandbox games. Recently I played and beat both Saints Row the Third and The Amazing Spider-man. First off I liked both games but they are very different creatures so I can't really compare them other to say that they offer you large open areas to do very different and cool things.

First Saints Row, so I played my first Saints Row game a few weeks ago when Sony offered the second one for free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. I never really put much stock into the series because of the comparisons to Grand Theft Auto which I don't really care for at all. But the level of simple and point less fun in Saints Row 2 made me want to pick this game up.

Yes SRtT is a ridiculous game but that is where the charm lives, the ability to treat the whole world like a giant playground makes me think of the great time I had with Just Cause 2. The story is pretty simple in concept with you trying to take control of a whole city and reestablish your gangs power.

I love the craziness of the game because it made me feel like "yes I am playing a great and fun game" it didn't have all the heavy drama of the GTA series. My only problem is the fact that it was not a game to play around my kids, and I got so tired of the language that I turned the dialog off and the subtitles on so I could choose to read what I wanted to.

Now on to Spider-man, I love the character and I never thought that games did anything right by him until his world was opened and he was placed in New York in Spider-man 2. Now the next step in his evolution has hit with the new web rush power in this game.

I believe that on a less amazing level this game has done for Spider-man what the Arkham games have done for Batman. What I mean is that you actually feel like Spider-man while playing this game just like you feel like Batman while playing the Arkham games.

In closing I would say play these games. If you have concerns then go ahead and give them a rent but a few days will not give you enough time to really experience these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment