Search & Win

Monday, October 1, 2012

Review


So back in 2010 I picked up a title that I had been following a bit but I had not seen a review yet.  The game was being called a God of War Legend of Zelda mash up......so I picked it up.  This title was called Darksiders.

Darksiders became one of my sleeper hits of 2010, I was so surprised by how well the game functioned and flowed that the moment I heard that the sequel was being made I was filled with excitement.

Darksiders 2 has taken that formula and improved on it, in the first game you played War, one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.  In Darksiders 2 you play Death, neither of them are better than the other....but where war is a bulk of raging fury.  Death is a ghost that darts around the battle field eviscerating his enemies.

Graphically this game is standard for our generation but the art design is fabulous.....the locations, characters, and enemies all feel very unique and solid.

The sound is filled with great dialog and wonderful ripping and tearing of flesh and the shattering of bone.

The story is a great addition to the first game....it left me wanting to get my hands on the inevitable third and fourth iterations of the game, since there are 4 horsemen.

The gameplay is a mix of god of war combat style with big weapons, bigger enemies, and devestating combos.  The platforming of Prince of Persia and other action platforming games, and the looting/item grabbing of action RPGs.

If you are looking for a great action adventure game, go get both of these titles Darksiders and Darksiders 2 are more than worth your valuable money.

No comments:

Post a Comment