Search & Win

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FTW



In honor of Final Fantasy 13 (which has many main stream changes that work really well) I wish to talk about the best Final Fantasy game of the entire series. Know to us when it first released in the US as Final Fantasy 3 it actually is Final Fantasy 6. Many people argue that FF 7 is the best in the series and even though it has my favorite character (Sephiroth) it did not have the gaming impact on me that FF 3 did.

This game is a pure gem and has been remade several times because of it. The story was deep and had so many great twists through out it. I still think it is better than most movies and books out there. Not to mention the cast of characters with their various abilities like Sabin's blits or Shadow's throws.

Not to mention one of the most iconic gaming events of all time is in this game, yes I mean the opera scene, never before had a game asked you to stop fighting so that you could memorize a script and play a role in an opera. It blew my mind at the time. Well I should be posting a review of FF 13 in the next few weeks after I beat it. As for my initial impression with about 15 to 20 hours of gameplay into it. I love it....then again I love all Final Fantasy games I have played. A little while back I said Bioware was my new favorite developer and Square had it's work cut out for them if they were going to take their spot back, and they did, don't get me wrong I love Dragon Age and Mass Effect but Final Fantasy hits me like no other series can. So congratulations Square you are again on top, lets just not wait another 4 years for the next one okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment