Search & Win

Friday, June 3, 2011

Dual Review



Two very different FPS games to review today. I heard a lot about both Brink and Homefront good and bad things.

First a look at Brink, this is a multiplayer only game. Not because there is no single player option but because there is no point in playing it alone. I only had fun when I was playing with other people. All together it is a solid package if you are looking for a multiplayer focused FPS. One thing I liked about it was how task focused it was. It was never just about shooting people there were always things to be taken, or captured, or defended. The SMART system was a little hard to get used too and I had played Mirror's Edge before. If you are not familiar with the SMART system it is basically the fact that you can move around the battlefield parkour style. I would recommend this game as a rental at least to give it a try.

Homefront was a game I went into with pretty low expectations. Another FPS only this time instead of being an American soldier in a foreign land you are a guerrilla fighter struggling against the foreign occupation of America. I was hooked in by this game within five minutes as I saw all the horrible things that were happening to Innocent civilians. And the feel of the great struggle never went away the whole time. If you are a fan of Red Dawn you need to play this game. Everything else was standard for an FPS so rent it and have fun with the very short but compelling campaign.

So I am going to be off grid for a little while since Infamous 2 comes out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment