Search & Win

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review


A lot of people didn't play the first Prototype, it had a pretty bad release window.  I got it right about the same time that I got the first Infamous (also a great game).  I liked the first game a lot, it was a great sandbox game that made you feel like an unstoppable monster.  Prototype 2 is better in every way.

 The one place this game has it hardest is graphically, it isn't ugly by any means but there are some flat textures and some awkward animations.  All in all though it did the job.

The audio for this game is well done, the voice over work fits right in, however having characters swear every 3 seconds gets old fast, it was like being in the military again.  The combat sounds however from the military weapons to the horrible crushing and slashing sounds your powers do to random meat sacks are great.

The story is obvious and predictable but it was a fun journey.  Honestly a game like this is not really about the story.

The gameplay is what everything is about.  This game is what a sandbox game should be.  Forget grand theft auto those games are okay but I never feel really powerful.  But give me a game like this or the Infamous games and I am a happy camper.  However I would equate the level of fun in Prototype 2 to the type of crazy fun you can have by making your own fun.  I learned how to make my own fun with the original Prototype and Just Cause 2.  Prototype 2 is just like that, there are so many toys at your disposal that you are given a virtual playground.

All in all this is a fun game, if you are unsure I would say give it a rent you could beat it in about 10 hours play time so give it a whirl and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment