Search & Win

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Review



Yeah I am on a bit of a FPS kick right now. I picked up Bloodstone, Singularity, and Killzone 3 at Gamestop about a week ago when I traded in some of my old stuff. Anyway Singularity is one of those shooters that I think is highly under rated. I like shooters that have more to them than just go here shot that guy repeat, it could be unique weapons or gameplay elements. Singularity has both of these things.

Graphic wise it is a standard looking game on today's systems. There are some cool effects with time manipulation and some great art style but nothing that I will remember forever.

The sound is mixed well and provides a nice atmosphere for the creepy factor this game has sometimes. The dialog is also well done, even if some of the accents feel fake.

When it comes to gameplay it feels like most shooters in a lot of ways. However the time manipulation device (TMD) brings a lot of variety to how you play. It does just what it says it does manipulates time, you can age people past dust or revert them to giant crazy blind fetus looking things that go crazy and try to kill everyone. You can also do all this to things in the environment, you also have other powers like a time bubble that freezes time inside it, and a push back melee attack.

I really think that Singularity is a shooter that you should play if you want an FPS with more variety to it. The story line is very cool as well and I think would make a great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment