Search & Win

Friday, October 9, 2009

FTW



This weeks Friday Time Warp is Act Raiser, another game that shaped me into the gamer I am today. This game was part side scrolling action platformer and part civilization sim.

The story was simple enough, you are a God that has been away for a while and your world has fallen into chaos. Demons have taken over everything and are oppressing your people, you have to swoop in and wipe out the bad boss then guide your little followers in building their civilization back up.

The graphics were pretty good for the time; better in the side scrolling sections than in the simulation sections but on par or better than what the industry had to offer at the time.

The audio was great the sound effects worked well, but the best was the sound track I loved the music at the time it set the mood so perfectly no matter what was going on.

The gameplay is what kept me coming back again and again though. The game took me by surprise the first time I played because it just throws you into the first side scrolling section and then once you beat it this angel shows up and tells you that it's time to help your people by guiding them to build things, seal demon gates, and using the weather to water crops and such. It was simplistic in design but like nothing I had ever tried before.

In closing if you have a Wii you can get this game on the virtual console, I would highly recommend it to any and all. Does anyone else remember this game or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment