Search & Win

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Review

So this is my first review. Seeing as how my next game doesn't come out until October 13th I will review the last game I finished playing. I will try to post reviews in a timely manner but since I am not getting games early I won't be able to post them until after the game is released and if I want it and am able to afford it. Now lets get started.






Batman Arkham Asylum from Rock Steady studios has finally delivered on the promise of every single comic game ever made: YOU will feel like the hero. Despite the plethora of Batman games in the past none of them have ever fully delivered because Batman is a multi-layered character. He is a master of hand-to-hand combat, better at stealth than any ninja, and holds a genius intellect.


The impossible was accomplished in this game when every facet of Batman's character was balanced to perfection and yes I said perfection. Now don't get me wrong every game has it's flaws but very few hold the honor that Batman Arkham Asylum shares with few of having it's only flaw being that it ends too quickly.


Graphically it is one of the best looking games on the market right now, the characters move realistically the environment is captivating and Batman even shows damage to his suit as the game progresses.


The sound is great the voice actors from Batman the animated series reprise their roles perfectly pulling you into the story with true to form dialog. The music is well placed and the ambient noise work to support the islands feel.


The story is on par with the best Batman has to offer, having been written for the game by Paul Dini veteran of Batman the animated series. The story is delivered perfectly by using the setting and various characters to make you feel immersed in the Batman universe with everything riding on Batman and in this case you.


The game play is where this show really shines, every real gamer out there has always wanted to be Batman and that wish is fulfilled in this game. From following clues and solving the various challenges around the island placed by the Riddler, to beating henchmen into submission, and of course Batman's bread and butter using misdirection and stealth to take out a room full of armed thugs Batman Arkham Asylum is the first (and hopefully Rock Steady will make sure not the last) time that gamers have ever been able to actually feel like Batman.


In closing I full recommend Batman Arkham Asylum to anyone who is looking for a great action adventure game, it will keep you hooked through the whole game and when you finish it the only let down you will feel is that it is over.


I plan on using the next couple of weeks to do reviews of great games I have played in the last six months, so if you have some requests for recently released games let me know and I will see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment